Was 2020 the year you learned to make sourdough bread? In 2021, bust completely out of your comfort zone with one of these New England learning vacations.
Your summer getaway can be transformative when you book one of these educational experiences at New England Inns & Resorts Association (NEIRA) member properties. Whether you’re an animal lover, a DIYer or a devotee of fine food and beverages, you’ll find expert guidance and hands-on fun that will turn your escape into an investment in new skills and lasting memories.
Choose Your New England Learning Vacation
- Try Beekeeping at the Golden Stage Inn in Proctorsville, Vermont. Innkeeper and Certified Vermont Beekeeper Julie-Lynn Wood will talk you through the magical inner workings of a beehive, describing the life cycle and various jobs of the honeybees.
- Fly a Falcon at Woodstock, Vermont’s Woodstock Inn & Resort. Their falconry package allows guests to practice the ancient sport of kings by handling and flying a trained Harris’s hawk. You’ll also learn about falcon conservation.
- Work with Wood during your stay at the Hawthorn Inn in Camden, Maine. You’ll save 10% on your lodgings when you reserve your spot in one of Maine Coast Workshop‘s hands-on woodworking classes, which focus on such skills as marquetry and inlay, carving and furniture-making.
- Get Growing after your inspiring stay at the Stanton House Inn in Greenwich, Connecticut, where you can learn about the history of the surrounding grounds on a garden tour. You’ll hear tales of the property’s 1900s heyday and learn modern-day tips for growing easy-care vegetable, fruiting and herbal plants that are well-suited to New England’s climate.
- Cook in New England’s Top Kitchen, when you schedule a private cooking lesson for two with executive chef Matthew Padilla at the renowned White Barn Inn & Spa in Kennebunk, Maine. You’ll discover tips and tricks for bringing Maine flavors to your dining room table.
- Enjoy a Spirited Tour of Vermont breweries and distilleries when you stay at the Norwich Inn in Norwich, Vermont, which has its own on-site brewery. Your full-day excursion with Vermontology Guided Tours also showcases other famous Vermont-made food products including Cabot Cheese and King Arthur Flour. Packages include many other perks including fresh-made ale and Whistling Pig Ale Cheddar Cheese to take home.