Looking for things to do in New England this Valentine’s Day? Here are 10 fun ideas.
Whether you’re single or attached, celebrate Valentine’s Day in New England by embracing a new experience. Here are 10 February events guaranteed to make your Valentine’s Day special. You can even get married or renew your vows on a Vermont ski slope.
Chairlift Speed Dating at Black Mountain: Searching for love this Valentine’s Day? On Saturday, February 10, 2018, meet your match on the slopes as New Hampshire’s Black Mountain hosts its annual Chairlift Speed Dating event. Music and love potions are on tap at an après ski event in the Lostbo Pub, and prizes will be awarded for the best pick-up lines.
- Cloud Nine Nuptials: Say “I do” for the first time or renew your vows at the top of Cloud Nine, then ski down this trail at Vermont’s Mount Snow with a crowd of newlyweds and reweds this Valentine’s Day: February 14, 2018. You’ll need to purchase a lift ticket and meet at the bottom of the Sunbrook Quad Lift at 9:45 a.m. for the group ceremony, which concludes with complimentary cake and coffee at the Bullwheel. RSVP by February 9 and have all of your paperwork in place if you want your exchange of vows to be official. Even if you don’t plan to participate in the ceremony, you can take advantage of Mount Snow’s Valentine Special: 2 adult lift tickets for just $59.
- Cooking with Cacao: Get cooking together in Middletown, Rhode Island, this Valentine’s Day by participating in Newport Cooks’ “Happy, Healthy Raw Cacao Desserts & Treats” class on Friday, February 9, from 6-9 p.m. You’ll work with Chef Leah Rosin-Pritchard and 100% ceremonial grade cacao from the Cloud Forest of Guatemala—a healthy alternative to dark chocolate—to craft Cacao Mint Bark, Cacao Mousse Cake and Cacao Fudge, while sampling wines and sipping warm cacao beverages. Make reservations online in advance for this intimate cooking adventure.
- DARK & Decadent: Connecticut’s Jonathan Edwards Winery hosts DARK & Decadent, a Valentine’s weekend event on Saturday, February 10, 2018 from 7-9:30 p.m. featuring live jazz, oysters, artisanal chocolates, Tarot card readings and a glass of DARK, the winery’s port-style dessert wine, or another selection of your choice. Buy tickets in advance for this annual sell-out.
- An Evening of Romance with Jim Brickman: The Bushnell in Hartford, Connecticut, will be romance central on Saturday, February 10, 2018 when pianist Jim Brickman (remember his collaboration with Martina McBride on Valentine?) headlines a night of love, laughter and music. Splurge on VIP tickets, and you’ll get to meet Brickman after the show.
- Four Indulgent Courses at Top of the Hub: On Valentine’s Day, February 14, savor an extraordinary four-course prix fixe dinner at Boston’s uber-romantic Top of the Hub. Admission to the Skywalk Observatory is included with your reservation.
- Moosehead Lake Chocolate Festival: On Sunday, February 18, 2018, enjoy a memorable Valentine’s Day in Maine at Destination Moosehead Lake’s 14th annual Chocolate Festival. Area chefs will prepare decadent desserts, and your $10 entry fee allows you to sample 10 of them. That’s right: 10 chocolatey desserts! For an even more memorable experience, reserve tickets for the Chocolate Lovers Luncheon, and discover how chocolate can be a versatile ingredient in savory dishes, too. Priced at $30 including a Chocolate Festival Fast Pass, it’s a sweetheart of a deal.
- My Little Valentine Afternoon Tea: If it’s a child or grandchild who has stolen your heart, spend sweet time together this Valentine’s Day weekend. The Boston Harbor Hotel hosts special teas on Saturday and Sunday, February 10 or 11, with reservations available between 2:30 and 4:30 p.m. The menu features teas, tea sandwiches and handcrafted pastries, and there’ll be sparkling wine for the grownups and heart cookies for the kids to take home.
- Naked at the Art Museum Scavenger Hunt: Looking for adults-only fun in Boston this Valentine’s Day? Spend Saturday or Sunday afternoon, February 10 or 11, of the evening of Wednesday, February 14, 2018 participating in Watson Adventures’ Naked at the Art Museum Scavenger Hunt at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. You’ll scrutinize paintings, sculptures and period rooms as you search for everything from randy Romans to Gauguin’s island girls to a god with Venus envy. No knowledge of art is required to participate in this unblushing look at nudity in the arts.
- Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt: Keep an eye out for hidden red hearts on the slopes at Okemo Mountain in Ludlow, Vermont, this Valentine’s Day: February 14, 2018. Find one, and you’ll win a prize.