Lobster Nachos make a decadent snack or appetizer that’s easy to prepare if you start with cooked lobster meat. Here’s my Lobster Nachos recipe, inspired by the Seafood Nachos at Red Lobster and perfected in my own New England kitchen. It’s the perfect snack for a New England-themed party.
Serves 8 people for a snack or appetizer.
13″x9″x2″ glass or ceramic baking dish
Large Frying Pan
1 13.5-oz. bag of white or red corn tortilla chips
4 tbsp. butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup red onion, chopped
2 4-oz. cans baby shrimp, drained (I used BumbleBee Premium Select Tiny Shrimp)
8-14 ounces of cooked lobster meat (I used 2 7-oz. packages of Cozy Harbor of Maine Fully Cooked Lobster Meat; If you want to cook your own lobsters, you’ll need 2 chicken lobsters of about 1-1/4 lbs. each.)
8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
2-3 scallions, chopped
1 cup sour cream
1 16-oz. jar of salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer tortilla chips in a 13″x9″x2″ baking dish.
- Blend cheeses. Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture and tomatoes over tortilla chips.
- Melt butter in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion to pan and sauté until onions are tender, approximately two minutes.
- Add shrimp and lobster meat and heat until warm, about three minutes.
- Drain and layer warm seafood mixture on top of nachos.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with scallions and dollops of sour cream. Serve hot with salsa on the side.