Treat your dad to a memorable outing this weekend instead of another power tool or pair of socks. It’s a busy weekend for events in New England, and you’ll find fun ways to celebrate Father’s Day (Sunday, June 18 in 2017) whether your dad’s into boats, motorcycles, music, sand sculpting or hot air balloons.
- Sail Boston 2017 (June 17-22, 2017) – Just in time for Father’s Day Weekend, a dazzling collection of tall ships will sail into Boston Harbor. The Grand Parade of Sail takes place Saturday, June 17, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., and in the days following the historic ships’ arrival, you’ll have opportunities to go aboard and to enjoy maritime activities, music and food at the Boston Fish Pier and Charlestown Navy Yard.
- 17th Annual Hampton Beach Master Sand Sculpting Classic (June 15-17, 2017) – Talented sand sculptors compete on New Hampshire’s Hampton Beach for honors and cash each year, and after the judging is complete on Saturday, June 17, there’ll be an oceanside fireworks display. Father’s Day Sunday will be a perfect time to see the completed sculptures.
- Laconia Motorcycle Week (June 10-18, 2017) – The world’s oldest motorcycle rally celebrates 94 years of attracting bikers to New Hampshire’s scenic Lakes Region for a kickoff to the summer riding season. Events, demos, live music and more continue through Father’s Day weekend. The weekend’s highlight is the 94th annual Loudon Classic at New Hampshire Motor Speedway: the longest running motorcycle event in North America.
- Quechee Hot Air Balloon, Craft & Music Festival (June 16-18, 2017) – Quechee, Vermont, is photogenic even without hot air balloons coloring the sky. Spend a memorable Father’s Day Weekend at this 38th annual festival where you can even treat Dad to a tethered or ascension balloon ride. Even grounded dads will enjoy the event’s continuous entertainment, food, beer and wine garden, craft fair, musical performances and more.
- International Festival of Arts & Ideas (June 3-24, 2017) – New Haven, Connecticut, celebrates the arts and creativity for almost an entire month. This year, Father’s Day events include Amistad Tours, Maker Mania and a free concert on the green featuring the Jimmy Greene Quartet and the New Haven Symphony Orchestra.